Dealing With General Chemistry Homework Problems: The Essentials
Of all the sciences that plague the nightmares of students, Chemistry has to be the master of all. One can tackle biology and physics with concepts, but Chemistry has to be battled at each and every step, be it equations or calculations. Thus, when it comes to completing Chemistry homework, students often opt out of the trouble. Here are some tips that can help you complete your chemistry homework.
Tips to help you deal with general chemistry homework problems:
- Make tables and acronyms: If you find it difficult to learn processes and, god forbid, the periodic table, you can make tables and acronyms to help speed up the learning process. Take a clue from one of the many educational documentaries that you might have seen in passing: use tactics to help you learn faster. Anything that helps, such as music, tables, or even shorthand coding, may be used as a tool.
- Use diagrams: Much of Chemistry is all about processes, be it metallurgy or even a complex reaction. Making diagrams does not only help compress the text matter to a few lines, but it also gives you a chance to read through the chapter and pick out important points to include in the diagram.
- Formulate questions as you read: one of the best ways to study chemistry is to gauge the type of questions that can be put up while you read through the chapter. When done, write the questions down on a separate piece of paper, and try to answer them in your own words, without referring to the material in the book. Thus, you will come to know where you stand on the subject.
- Always concentrate on the syntaxes: Like acid and base make salt and water, many other equations in chemistry, especially organic, have similar syntaxes. Instead of worrying about cramming different equations, identify the kind of equations that have similar syntaxes. Hence, try to understand the framework of the equations themselves, and you will have a much better time tackling chemistry.
- Remember to take down notes: Get into the habit of making notes, and refer to them whenever studying. The large amount of text in a book will only intimidate you the night before the examination. Going through your notes, on the other hand, will only jog your memory, and help you remember any additional details.
So, there you have it. Follow these five tips and you will have a much better time dealing with Chemistry homework. Most of all, find a system that works for you, and will help you hone your abilities to the fullest extent. This is the difference between average and excellent.